Thursday 16th July
Today's special theme:
Thank you for the different weathers you create
Thank you for the sun
Thank you for the rain
Thank you for the beautiful rainbows
Thank you that rainbows have become a sign of Hope
Rainbows have become a huge sign of Hope during our time of lockdown. Pick one or more of these activities to do during the day.
1. Create your own rainbow in the most imaginative way you can think of... using water and food colouring, candles, paint, chalk etc.
2. Do some research, where do rainbows come from?
3. Do the rainbow skittle experiment: put skittles next to each other on a plate making a circle, slowly pour some water in the middle and see what happens when the water touches the skittles.
4. Create a rainbow out of food, cut up the correct colour food and place them in a rainbow shape.
5. Decorate some biscuits or cakes with coloured icing, making it look like a rainbow.
6. Come up with your own way to remember the colours of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). Ask your parents how they remember it, I remember it by the first letters of this: Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain- the first letters go with the first letters of the colouring: R O Y G B I V
The library are running their Summer Reading challenge again this year. Click here to sign up.
Reading is such an important skill to have so please try your very best at this Busy Bees, reading will help you with your imagination and help you become super duper writers!
As always, I'd love to hear from you today either on Purple Mash or by email: S.Baldwin@st-josephs-rugeley.staffs.sch.uk